Remote Office Support
Remote Office Setup
For the remote site, the expectation is that the IP Phone will be connected to a home LAN which has a home router that is connected to a cable or DSL modem for home Internet access.
Alternatively, it could be connected to a LAN in an office or hospitality environment, in which case the requirement for a router to the Internet, mentioned below, should already be satisfied.
The Internet connection speed must be greater than 384K Download / 384K Upload.
To setup your new Remote Office phone for the 1st time, follow the instructions below.
1. Login to the Giant Portal at the location you will be using the remote phone by going to www.GiantIsVoip.com. At the top of the page, you will need to enter your telephone number, Extension, and PIN
a. On the left hand-side of the page, click on “My Dynamic Site”
b. Click on the “Create Dynamic Site” Button
2. Plug in the Ethernet cable into the back of the phone (2rd port from the top) and connect the other end into your network connection (i.e. Switch, Cable Modem, DSL Modem or other Internet connection equipment)
3. You will need to hold down the 7 key while powering the phone up. To reboot the phone, unplug the network cable from the back of the phone and plug it back in. While the phone is powering up, hold down the 7 key until the phone display reads “CONFIG TELEWORKER.”
4. Press the “ * “ (Star) Key for Yes
5. Press the “ # “ (Pound) Key for New
a. The phone will then read “TELEWORKER GATEWAY”. You will need to enter the following address: 188.8.131.52(Press # for the periods)
b. Once the address has been entered hit the down arrow.
c. The phone will then read “STORE CHANGES?” Hit the “ * “ key for yes.
d. The phone will then reset and upon reboot the phone will now be connected as a Remote office phone.
6. If asked to login, enter your extension and pin.
7. Your Remote Office Phone will now be ready for use.